- Jim La Joie has spent the last 30 years hand making solar cookers in California. His whole goal is to make the best, low cost easy to use, efficient solar cooker.
- The All Season Solar Cooker is a modified box and panel cooker all in one.
- The ASSC is designed so your pot is always flat in the bottom of the cooker.
- The ASSC works in winter and summer very well. The winter setting is angled to catch a lower sun. The summer setting catches a higher sun.
- The ASSC has been tested against commercially available panel and box cookers. Because of its ability to efficiently capture the rising and setting sun, the ASSC can pasteurize a greater amount of water than can other designs of similar size. During optimal solar cooking hours, the ASSC continues to heat water more rapidly than panel cookers and it achieves pasteurization in about 2/3 the time. Bottom line it is not only the best Solar Cooker for the money, it is the best solar cooker out there!
Ron Popiel used the term “Set IT And Forget IT” We like to say “Set it and Let It — Cook that is” Made of corrugated polypropylene (think plastic cardboard) that is completely impervious to water, and covered with a rugged pure aluminum foil that is .09 mm thick this cooker will provide years of service. Once assembled, the cooker is designed to reflect sunlight into the area where your black pot sits. The black pot is, in turn, surrounded by an oven bag or glass enclosure
List Price: $ 90.00
Price: $ 99.50